We are delighted to present an exciting weekend for participants and spectators of the annual Black Fly Challenge in Inlet, NY. Guests will experience a dinner and cruise on the WW Durant boat on Raquette Lake followed by a weekend of festivities including a band and BBQ Saturday night to celebrate the bikers! Transportation to and from the Black Fly Challenge will be provided by Sagamore. Read more about this event!
As part of our sponsorship of this year's Black Fly Challenge, we are pleased to offer BFC participants and their guests the entire weekend package for a discounted rate. Your participant Racer Registration ID# is requested for the discount weekend stay.
$279 per adult, $139.50 per child for the entire weekend or $249 per adult with your racer registration ID number. To register for the race, visit www.blackflychallenge.com.
Please call us at 315-354-5311 ex 21 to register for the weekend.
- Boat: Start the weekend with a special dinner cruise aboard the W.W. Durant. Chef Jim Pohl will prepare a special pre-race dinner for BFC competitors and their guests, one designed to provide riders with just the right mix of lean protein, fats and carbs to give you a leg up on your competitors at the next day's Black Fly Challenge.
- Bed: After dinner, head to Camp Sagamore for a peaceful night's sleep in one of our National Historic Landmark lodges. Nestled on the shore of a small wilderness lake, Sagamore is an ideal location to rest and relax, a place to escape the distractions and noise of anything apart from loons, owls and coyotes.
- Breakfast: Begin your race-day morning with a healthy breakfast designed to provide you with the energy you'll need during the BFC itself. Breakfast options will include cereals, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, jams and jellies and fresh fruit, along with juice, milk and coffee. We'll start breakfast a little early to give racers enough time to eat without having to rush to Indian Lake for the start of the race.
- Bike Race: After breakfast, head down to Indian Lake, where the 2015 BFC begins. Sagamore is conveniently located on route 28 between Inlet (14 miles) and Indian Lake (28 miles), making it easier for BFC participants to access both the start and finish lines of the race. We will provide transportation to and from the event for bikers and spectators.
- Band, Beer & BBQ: Once the race festivities are over, return to Sagamore to celebrate your successful completion of the Black Fly Challenge. Back in camp, we'll have a good, old-fashioned, outdoor BBQ, complete with complimentary beer provided by the Adirondack Brewery in Lake George. While you eat and drink, be merry, listening to the music of Day Ja Voo, a Central NY band specializing in classic 60s and 70s covers.
- Bed & Brunch: On Sunday morning, after another restful night at Sagamore, learn about the history of this important piece of Adirondack culture through an examination of camp during our annual Community Day tour. Then, enjoy a scrumptious brunch back in the Sagamore Dining Hall before you check out. Brunch will run from 8:00-9:00am, leaving you with plenty of time to make it down to Inlet for Mountain Bike Rodeo, running from 11:00-3:00 in Fern Park.