Learn the history behind Great Camp Sagamore's National Historic Landmark campus from its building by William West Durant through its long history as the Vanderbilt family's wilderness retreat. Enjoy visits to the Great Camps, learning about three lavish properties, their architecture and the people who lived there.
Enjoy presentations about:
- Durant family from Sheila Myers, Associate Professor at Cayuga Community College
- Adirondack History through Traditional Music from Dan Berggren, Adirondack Folk Musician
- Life as an Adirondack Forest Ranger from retired Ranger Gary Lee
- Storytelling afternoon with Adirondack legend Bill Smith
- Historical guided tours of Great Camp Sagamore, Camp Uncas, and Pine Knot - Durant's three Great Camps in the Raquette Lake area
- Luncheon cruise aboard the W.W. Durant on Raquette Lake
- and more.
For additional information, please visit the Road Scholar website and register for Program # 20944.