Sagamore Lodge Manager
Great Camp Sagamore, a National Historic Landmark situated on a private lake surrounded by thousands of acres of undeveloped Adirondack wilderness, is searching for a new Lodge Manager The Sagamore season runs from early May to late October. A competitive salary and on-site room and board are provided.
Great Camp Sagamore’s Lodge Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth day-to-day operation of the institution’s hospitality functions during our season. These include overseeing guest program registration, arrivals, culinary services and housekeeping. The Manager will work with other senior staff to coordinate program activities, facility needs and events to insure a high level of hospitality for Sagamore’s guests.
· Provide a welcoming Adirondack environment for Sagamore’s guests with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping to meet guests expectations.
· Maintain the smooth operation of Sagamore’s operations during the season through frequent communication with staff, department heads and group organizers.
· Manage all staff reporting to the position to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their performance.
· Nurture a safe, harmonious and enjoyable work environment for staff.
· Lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
· Work closely with Senior Managers to build a strong management team.
· Communicate and report to the Executive Director on a daily basis to problem solve and improve the visitor experience on a continuous basis.
· Manage relationships with outside groups including families and other non-profits holding events at Sagamore
Great Camp Sagamore is in Raquette Lake, NY at the center of New York’s Adirondack Park within 100,000 acres of forest preserve land to explore.
HOW TO APPLY: Address cover letter, resume and list of three references to Garet Livermore, Executive Director, Sagamore Institute of the Adirondacks via e-mail: email@example.com